The Question and Answer Club[HELP] How to lock a (new) thread?

• vgadict
    vgadictRegular Boarder • lv15
    Offline273 replies
    2個月前 • 更新 2個月前
    I'm not sure where to ask this, so I'm posting it here.

In the past, after creating a thread, there was an option shown on the main edit page in the upper right for locking (aka closing) the thread. I used this option for contest threads after the final submission date ended. I can still see the lock icon listed for older threads I created a few months ago. However, for newer threads I've created, that option doesn't appear. Is it still available? If so, how do I access that function?

Thanks
  • noctisity
    noctisitya feeble scholar ❀Very Important Boarder • lv19
    AdminOffline3,611 replies
    2個月前 • 更新 2個月前
    I've noticed the same issue and am not sure if it's a bug or new feature.

When I go to create a brand new thread, the options are available. But it won't let me change the status of threads already existing.

Edit: For example, even this thread. Even though I'm an admin of the club, I can no longer close other people's threads.
  • RKasa
    RKasaDeal Hunter ( =₃=)*Very Important Boarder • lv29
    Offline2,298 replies
    2個月前
    This sounds like a bug; I have a hard time believing this change was intentional. You may want to make a post in the Bug Reports thread.
  • noctisity
    noctisitya feeble scholar ❀Very Important Boarder • lv19
    AdminOffline3,611 replies
    2個月前
    vgadict2個月前#116931644View spoilerHide spoilerI'm not sure where to ask this, so I'm posting it here.
    In the past, after creating a thread, there was an option shown on the main edit page in the upper right for locking (aka closing) the thread. I used this option for contest threads after the final submission date ended. I can still see the lock icon listed for older threads I created a few months ago. However, for newer threads I've created, that option doesn't appear. Is it still available? If so, how do I access that function?
    Thanks
    Hi there! Just wanted to let you know the issue has been fixed: threads.v4.php?...

RKasa2個月前#116935219View spoilerHide spoilerThis sounds like a bug; I have a hard time believing this change was intentional. You may want to make a post in the Bug Reports thread. Thank you for the recommendation! Kuma fixed the issue quickly.
  • vgadict
    vgadictRegular Boarder • lv15
    Offline273 replies
    2個月前
    noctisity2個月前#117037993Hi there! Just wanted to let you know the issue has been fixed: threads.v4.php?...
    Thank you for the recommendation! Kuma fixed the issue quickly.

Thanks for letting me know. I just checked and was now able to close the threads. Nice team work everyone!
  • 5 replies