MFCNew Entry Addition Form - Bug Report Thread

• Petitssk
    PetitsskEastern LibraryModerator • lv44
    Offline116 replies
    4個月前 • 更新 4個月前
    Hello, everyone!

As some of you may have already noticed, there have been some major changes to the entry addition form as the layout has been adjusted and obsolete categories are now removed depending on the item category you are in.

We are currently testing this, so there may be some bugs or other issues left. Please report them here so we can bring this up to snuff quickly, thank you!

Currently known bugs:

-Switching category causes origin and characters to be removed, rendering them unselectable
  • tsukasaa
    tsukasaaRegular Boarder • lv60
    Offline6 replies
    4個月前
    The main issue is the switching root problem but other than that from what I see right now, the 'Goods' category is missing
    'Standard size
    A4, B2, L, etc.'
    Needed for clear files, bromides, etc.

Question, were there complaints about the original layout before? I thought it worked just fine..
  • Petitssk
    Offline116 replies
    4個月前
    tsukasaa4個月前#114033002The main issue is the switching root problem but other than that from what I see right now, the 'Goods' category is missing
    'Standard size
    A4, B2, L, etc.'
    Needed for clear files, bromides, etc.
    Question, were there complaints about the original layout before? I thought it worked just fine..

Thanks for the feedback! For goods, the standard sizes should appear once you select a relevant sub-category. Most notably, it should appear for Misc., Stationeries, On Walls. I think that covers the items you mentioned? The form automatically adjusts based on selected sub-categories, so there are more than just three variations for Figures, Goods and Media.

If there's anything that's not included and is needed, however, please feel free to bring it up!

Regarding your other question - possibly mostly a case of getting used to it. For new users in particular, the form contains an incredible amount of fields that can be used but aren't needed or not wanted. In order to reduce confusion there, avoid listing of unwanted information and also make form less cumbersome overall, this was implemented, albeit on rather short notice.
  • tsukasaa
    Offline6 replies
    4個月前
    Petitssk4個月前#114033070Thanks for the feedback! For goods, the standard sizes should appear once you select a relevant sub-category. Most notably, it should appear for Misc., Stationeries, On Walls. I think that covers the items you mentioned? The form automatically adjusts based on selected sub-categories, so there are more than just three variations for Figures, Goods and Media.
    If there's anything that's not included and is needed, however, please feel free to bring it up!
    Regarding your other question - possibly mostly a case of getting used to it. For new users in particular, the form contains an incredible amount of fields that can be used but aren't needed or not wanted. In order to reduce confusion there, avoid listing of unwanted information and also make form less cumbersome overall, this was implemented, albeit on rather short notice.
    Ah! Okay got it, thanks for the quick reply! And yeah I figured it had something to do with that. Noting though that the main case I see with that is users adding onto the 'Title' category for goods that aren't Original Characters (adding what should be a series classification as the title) so I'm afraid that problem is still going to be there it seems..
  • tharglet
    thargletVery Important Boarder • lv24
    Offline955 replies
    4個月前
    Number of parts seems to appear for several cats - afaik this was only really for GKs, and maybe model kits at a push? If it was decided to be for more cats, feel free to ignore.

Not tested it, but was an extra digit added for the (paper) size field? I know someone asked me to set something as B40 a couple of months ago, but can't remember who it was, so not sure if that would be a part of the current round of fixes.
  • Petitssk
    Offline116 replies
    4個月前 • 更新 4個月前
    tharglet4個月前#114033155Number of parts seems to appear for several cats - afaik this was only really for GKs, and maybe model kits at a push? If it was decided to be for more cats, feel free to ignore.
    Not tested it, but was an extra digit added for the (paper) size field? I know someone asked me to set something as B40 a couple of months ago, but can't remember who it was, so not sure if that would be a part of the current round of fixes.

Yep, we decided to allow it for categories in which it's possibly relevant, though that's mostly categories containing a bunch of parts of equal relevance (puzzles, dishes etc.) since that still makes sense.

As for the sizes - that was me, yep. At the time, you couldn't get around it, so it made its way onto my list of requests and now allows quite a few characters, actually. Simultaneously, I requested an option to add more than one paper size, so I'm gonna have to see if this could possibly covered this way as well.

Edit: Does not seem to be the case as of yet, unfortunately. Theoretically, it is possible, but the sizes are not recognized by the search from the looks of it.
  • KiraYamato44
    KiraYamato44凛遙✿(>ノ、<)x(ㅎ_ㅎ)✿Very Important Boarder • lv110
    Offline18 replies
    4個月前

I believe this has been mentioned regarding the changing of the root classification (using save as) feature. The origin + characters disappears.

The way around it is by deleting the origin and the characters. Then once you change the root classification the origin and charas, material, etc come back. I figured that out when I was adding the DMMd goods this morning.

I couldn’t find the sizing (A5) for example when I was adding the chara case. I found it once I added the entry and went back to edit it.

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
    今度は僕が見せてやる
    見たことのない景色を
    今度は僕が見せてやる
    見たことのない景色を
  • Petitssk
    Offline116 replies
    4個月前 • 更新 4個月前
    Update: The issue with origins/characters etc. disappearing should be fixed now. If you come across it again, please mention it here!

KiraYamato444個月前#114035568
    I believe this has been mentioned regarding the changing of the root classification (using save as) feature. The origin + characters disappears.

The way around it is by deleting the origin and the characters. Then once you change the root classification the origin and charas, material, etc come back. I figured that out when I was adding the DMMd goods this morning.

I couldn’t find the sizing (A5) for example when I was adding the chara case. I found it once I added the entry and went back to edit it.

今度は僕が見せてやる
    見たことのない景色を

Could you specify that? You could not add a size? That would be a new one, to be honest, but some changes were made to the field just now, so not sure if that may have been a temporary issue.
  • KiraYamato44
    Offline18 replies
    4個月前
    Petitssk4個月前#114039875Update: The issue with origins/characters etc. disappearing should be fixed now. If you come across it again, please mention it here!
    Could you specify that? You could not add a size? That would be a new one, to be honest, but some changes were made to the field just now, so not sure if that may have been a temporary issue.

When I was adding the Chara case the field to add A4, A5 was missing. I searched the entry form and it wasn’t there, however once I added the entry and I went back to edit the entry I was able to add it as I saw the field. It was really strange.

今度は僕が見せてやる
    見たことのない景色を
    今度は僕が見せてやる
    見たことのない景色を
  • Petitssk
    Offline116 replies
    4個月前
    KiraYamato444個月前#114041280
    When I was adding the Chara case the field to add A4, A5 was missing. I searched the entry form and it wasn’t there, however once I added the entry and I went back to edit the entry I was able to add it as I saw the field. It was really strange.
    今度は僕が見せてやる
    見たことのない景色を

That does sound odd. I assume you used another entry as template? Chara cases would be under Misc., right? Misc. should be set to display the standard size field, but I don't want to rule out that there may have been an issue if you used an entry in a different category as template and then switched to Misc., but that shouldn't be the case and it seems to be working for me just fine right now.
  • KiraYamato44
    Offline18 replies
    4個月前
    Petitssk4個月前#114047582That does sound odd. I assume you used another entry as template? Chara cases would be under Misc., right? Misc. should be set to display the standard size field, but I don't want to rule out that there may have been an issue if you used an entry in a different category as template and then switched to Misc., but that shouldn't be the case and it seems to be working for me just fine right now.

It’s the Chara Clear Case, which are basically like clear files made of pvc and their size is A5. I own quite of few of theses. They can be used to store papers, bromides, pictures, which is why it’s under stationaries.

It’s working fine now. I can see the friends I didn’t in the morning.

今度は僕が見せてやる
    見たことのない景色を
    今度は僕が見せてやる
    見たことのない景色を
  • tsukasaa
    Offline6 replies
    4個月前
    Petitssk4個月前#114039875Update: The issue with origins/characters etc. disappearing should be fixed now. If you come across it again, please mention it here!
    When changing the category, if you have the 'Save As' button checked it unchecks itself. Could be manually checked back but would most likely slip my mind when adding several goods at once.
  • Petitssk
    Offline116 replies
    4個月前
    tsukasaa4個月前#114057537When changing the category, if you have the 'Save As' button checked it unchecks itself. Could be manually checked back but would most likely slip my mind when adding several goods at once.

Yikes, that does sound like it could lead to some frustration. Forwarded it, hope it can be fixed; thanks!
  • mangetsu
    mangetsuVery Important Boarder • lv24
    Offline22 replies
    4個月前 • 更新 4個月前
    Hi!
    Entry addition form:
    for goods like stationaries a pages number field is absent at the moment. I believe for notes and alike it might be important.
    Examples ITEM #1660813
    ITEM #1115251
  • jestersparade
    jestersparadeRegular Boarder • lv16
    Offline306 replies
    4個月前 • 更新 4個月前
    When you change the category of the entry (example, moving the category from prepainted to goods) it will automatically remove the uploaded official image if you did so before changing categories. Not sure if this is supposed to happen or not but I thought I'd note it here incase its not supposed to do that.
    https://64.media.tumblr.com/b25c7d7fd36ac1e6c7f5ce7623a0c978/ad0d95aaf5e168ae-f6/s400x600/64bc9775d851fdd9589eb9ae8948061222cf9245.png
    don't disturb him, he's fishing
  • Petitssk
    Offline116 replies
    4個月前 • 更新 4個月前
    mangetsu4個月前#114069866Hi!
    Entry addition form:
    for goods like stationaries a pages number field is absent at the moment. I believe for notes and alike it might be important.
    Examples ITEM #1660813
    ITEM #1115251

That is odd as it was intended to leave them in there for those; will forward this, thank you very much!

Edit: Actually, we goofed there, we forgot that one but it's now updated in our request. Should be updated shortly unless our lead admin is hit by a car or something.
  • Petitssk
    Offline116 replies
    4個月前
    jestersparade4個月前#114092037When you change the category of the entry (example, moving the category from prepainted to goods) it will automatically remove the uploaded official image if you did so before changing categories. Not sure if this is supposed to happen or not but I thought I'd note it here incase its not supposed to do that.

Ah, it was changed to no longer remove the picture of the original entry, but I assume the picture that is removed is the one you selected for upload? That certainly would be different from the issue we'd been encountering so far.
  • jestersparade
    jestersparadeRegular Boarder • lv16
    Offline306 replies
    4個月前
    Petitssk4個月前#114138175Ah, it was changed to no longer remove the picture of the original entry, but I assume the picture that is removed is the one you selected for upload? That certainly would be different from the issue we'd been encountering so far.
    Yeah, that's what I'm referring to ^^; It does it to the image file you've uploaded while editing, not a pre-existing image for the entry. Also, it happens when you try to submit the entry but you forget to provide a required category. It'll just completely delete the uploaded image file and you'll have to upload it again.
    https://64.media.tumblr.com/b25c7d7fd36ac1e6c7f5ce7623a0c978/ad0d95aaf5e168ae-f6/s400x600/64bc9775d851fdd9589eb9ae8948061222cf9245.png
    don't disturb him, he's fishing
  • Petitssk
    Offline116 replies
    4個月前
    jestersparade4個月前#114153066Yeah, that's what I'm referring to ^^; It does it to the image file you've uploaded while editing, not a pre-existing image for the entry. Also, it happens when you try to submit the entry but you forget to provide a required category. It'll just completely delete the uploaded image file and you'll have to upload it again.

Thanks for clarifying! Our lead admin looked into that, but it seems that this is not possible for technical reasons, unfortunately; something about HTML or security or something.

He did, however, finally take care of the issue that clicking on a linked entry in the submission form will open it in the same tab, possibly destroying all progress on the current addition. It will now open the links in a new tab instead.
  • Petitssk
    Offline116 replies
    4個月前
    tsukasaa4個月前#114057537When changing the category, if you have the 'Save As' button checked it unchecks itself. Could be manually checked back but would most likely slip my mind when adding several goods at once.

Okay, this suffers from the same issue as the above issue, apparently, something about HTML and security I don't understand anyway. Basically, we cannot fix this, unfortunately, so I hope you guys can get used to it. Sorry for the bad news either way!
  • 28 replies